|Beginning on October 31, 2018 communities can upload their official Longitudinal Systems Analysis (LSA) data for use in the 2018 Annual Homeless Assessment Report (AHAR) to Congress via the new Homelessness Data Exchange, Version 2.0 (HDX 2.0). All Continuums of Care (CoCs) may participate in the LSA, regardless of their Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) bed coverage rate. While HMIS bed coverage will continue to be an important factor, usability will be judged principally on data quality and completeness.
The LSA will use data from our HMIS. Data quality will continue to be addressed through our Data quality clean up process. We will be sending out instruction for this process to all HMIS users.
To help communities better understand the differences between past AHAR data submissions and the new LSA data submission cycle, HUD has released two new resources:
- From AHAR to LSA: Understanding the FY18 Changes: This brief document includes an easy to follow table that highlights the key changes between the LSA and the former AHAR process.
- Overview of the LSA Submission Process: The goal of this document is to make the new data collection and cleaning process as clear as possible for CoCs so they can be adequately prepared for the 2018 data submission cycle. It covers key milestone of the process, available support to CoCs throughout the process, and the overall submission and cleaning timeline.
The anticipated summary of the 2018 LSA submission cycle’s schedule is below:
- October 22, 2018: PA HMIS Program Data Clean-up Begins
- October 31, 2018: HDX 2.0 opens for official LSA submissions
- November 16, 2018: PA HMIS Program Data should be finalized by close of business.
- November 9, 2018: Test LSA upload deadline
- November 30, 2018: Official LSA submission deadline
As the LSA data collection and cleaning kick-off date approaches, additional community resources and guidance will be announced through the HUD Exchange mailing list and linked to from the LSA Tools and Guidance homepage.
If you have questions pertaining to the LSA or HDX 2.0, please submit your questions through the PA HMIS Help Desk .