FY 2015 CoC Program NOFA (PDF)
The e-snaps system is not compatible with Chrome and newer versions of Firefox. Users should use Internet Explorer 10 or 11 (in compatibility mode) or older versions of Internet Explorer or Firefox which are available from Microsoft and Mozilla. Please click the link for further instructions.
The following is a list of browsers commonly used when accessing e-snaps and tips for using those browsers:
Internet Explorer 10: If you are using Internet Explorer 10, you will need to enable the compatibility feature. First, close your browser. Then, to use compatibility mode, take these steps:
- Open your browser
- Navigate to the e-snaps log in page
- On the URL bar, click on the icon that looks like a torn piece of paper (referred to as the “broken paper” icon)
Internet Explorer 11: In IE11, sites must be added to the Compatibility View list. Here are the instructions from the Microsoft website to add a site to the Compatibility View list:
- Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.
- Tap or click the Tools button, and then tap or click Compatibility View settings.
- Under Add this website, enter the URL of the site you want to add to the list, and then tap or click Add.
Once you turn on Compatibility View, Internet Explorer will automatically show that site in Compatibility View each time you visit. You can turn it off by removing it from your compatibility list.
Internet Explorer – earlier versions: Earlier versions of IE appear to have no compatibility issues with e-snaps. Microsoft also has an official page dedicated to older versions of Internet Explorer. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/hh696548
The recent updates to Mozilla’s Firefox and Google’s Chrome that have prevented access to e-snaps were, in part, a response to what’s called the Logjam Vulnerability, which was revealed back in May. There’s a web site dedicated to this subject: https://weakdh.org/
Firefox version 39 and later: Individuals who have upgraded to Firefox v39 or later are getting an error message “Secure Connection Failed.” Two work-arounds have been identified:
- Users comfortable with re-configuring Firefox can modify certain settings to allow access by taking the following steps:
- Open Firefox and go to about:config (type about:config in the address bar).
- Search for security.ssl3.dhe_rsa_aes_128_sha and disable it (set value to false).
- Search for security.ssl3.dhe_rsa_aes_256_sha and disable it (set value to false).
- Close Firefox and when you re-open it, you should be able to access e-snaps.
- Users can install an older version (before Firefox v.39) and use that to access e-snaps. Mozilla has a site dedicated to valid older versions of Firefox. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/install-older-version-of-firefox
Google Chrome: Chrome updates automatically and Google does NOT make previous versions of Chrome available. Previous versions are available on the internet but, again, they are not provided by Google so users should use caution.
Note: Users have reported additional issues with their operating systems. For example, Mac users do not have Internet Explorer available as an option unless they purchase software for the Mac that enables them to run Windows applications, which is not a realistic option for most users. Mac users will need to download a previous version of Firefox. Mozilla has a site dedicated to valid older versions of Firefox. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/install-older-version-of-firefox.
If you need additional assistance in accessing e-snaps contact the HUD Exchange e-snaps Ask A Question (AAQ).
Balance of State CoC Competition Webinar
Log into eSnaps: https://esnaps.hud.gov/grantium/frontOffice.jsf
HUD Exchange: Instructional Resources: https://www.hudexchange.info/e-snaps/guides/coc-program-competition-resources
Information for Applicant Profile:
Applicant Profile Instructional Guide: (Note – this is a 2014 resource, a new one has not yet been posted for 2015):
Forms for Applicant Profile:
HUD Form 2880 Applicant/Recipient Disclosure/Update Report: http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/documents/huddoc?id=2880.pdf
HUD Form 50070 – Drug-free Workplace Certification:
Survey on Ensuring Equal Opportunities for Applicants-SF424 Supplement: http://www.hud.gov/offices/adm/hudclips/forms/files/sf424sup.doc
Disclosure of Lobbying Activities-SF-LLL: http://www.hud.gov/offices/adm/hudclips/forms/files/sflll.pdf
Information for Renewal Application:
Grant Inventory Worksheets (GIWs):
Renewal Application Instructional Guide: https://www.hudexchange.info/resource/2910/coc-project-application-instructions-for-renewal-projects/
Detailed Instructions for Completing the Renewal Project Application:
Housing First Definition (excerpt from FY2015 CoC NOFA):
Chronic Dedicated Beds:
Performance Measures Instructional Guide: https://www.hudexchange.info/resource/2911/coc-project-application-performance-measures/