FY 2016 CoC Program Registration Notice is Now Posted and e-snaps is Available
The registration process is handled with DCED/DMA, CoC-funded projects do not need to do anything at this time.
The Notice of Fiscal Year (FY) 2016 Opportunity to Register and Other Important Information for Electronic Application Submission for the Continuum of Care (CoC) Program Competition is now posted to the HUD Exchange.
The FY 2016 CoC Program Registration Notice provides Collaborative Applicants with the information necessary to register CoCs in preparation for the FY 2016 CoC Program Competition. The registration process described within the Notice applies only to Collaborative Applicants who will register to submit the CoC Consolidated Application for FY 2016 CoC Program funds that includes the CoC Application, the CoC Priority Listing, and the project applications. While project applicants do not have a role in the registration process, you are strongly encouraged to also read through the FY 2016 CoC Program Registration Notice paying particular attention to HUD’s homeless policies and priorities in preparation for the FY 2016 CoC Program Competition.
HUD strongly encourages all Collaborative Applicants, CoC stakeholders, Project Applicants, and Project Sub-recipients to read the FY 2016 CoC Program Registration Notice in its entirety. Collaborative Applicants should carefully review Section III Completing the Registration Process of the Notice prior to starting the FY 2016 CoC Program Registration process in e-snaps as this particular section covers all of the steps necessary for successfully registering the CoC for the FY 2016 CoC Program Competition.
In order to have access to the FY 2016 CoC Consolidated Application – that includes the ability to submit project applications to HUD for funding consideration – Collaborative Applicants must complete and submit the FY 2016 CoC Program Registration in e-snaps by the submission deadline that will be communicated via the Funding Availability page and HUD Exchange mailing list.
If you are aware or suspect that the Collaborative Applicant, CoC members, or interested stakeholders are not currently receiving these listserv messages, please forward the following link, https://www.hudexchange.info/mailinglist/, to them to register for the listserv messages as this is the only form of communication used by HUD to the public.
- Collaborative Applicants must complete the FY 2016 CoC Program Registration using e-snaps, a web-based portal accessible at hud.gov/esnaps.
- CoCs failing to submit a FY 2016 CoC Program Registration by 7:59:59 PM EDT on May 11, 2016 will not have access to the FY 2015 CoC Consolidated Application and will not be able to apply for FY 2015 CoC Program funds. See Section III.C.6 of the FY 2016 CoC Program Registration for additional information.
- Before Collaborative Applicants can get to the actual Registration forms, they must first register for the Funding Opportunity – “FY 2016 CoC Registration” in e-snaps see the FY 2016 CoC Program Registration Instructional Guide: CoC Registration and CoC Review. Registering for the Funding Opportunity DOES NOT mean that the CoC is registered to apply for FY 2016 CoC Program funds. Collaborative Applicants must first register for the Funding Opportunity and then it will have access to the FY 2016 CoC Program Registration forms. ALL Collaborative Applicants will have to complete a minimum of four forms in e-snaps, more forms are required if applying for Unified Funding Agency (UFA) and/or High Performing Community (HPC) designation(s).
- Collaborative Applicants must import the FY 2015 CoC Program Registration information in e-snaps FY 2016 CoC Program Registration Instructional Guide: CoC Registration and CoC Review. Importing the previous year’s CoC Registration will:
- Prevent the need for re-entering information during the CoC Program Registration process – Collaborative Applicants need only review and update information, and
- Allow HUD to import the FY 2015 CoC Application in e-snaps which will also prevent the need for re-entering the responses for those CoC Application questions that will not change from the FY 2015 CoC Application.
- Any Collaborative Applicant that was granted UFA designation in the FY 2015 CoC Registration process, must re-apply for UFA designation in the FY 2016 CoC Program Registration process.
- A CoC, through its Collaborative Applicant, will also have the ability to apply for HPC designation.
Grant Inventory Worksheet (GIW)
- GIWs will not be sent to CoCs until after the FY 2015 Tier 2 Funding Announcement has been posted; therefore, during the FY 2016 CoC Program Registration process CoCs will not need to enter the Annual Renewal Demand (ARD) amount in e-snaps.
- GIWs, once issued, must include all eligible renewal projects and reflect accurate budget amounts.
- HUD will not issue the final GIW to CoCs until after the FY 2016 CoC Program Registration process is closed.
Preliminary Pro Rata Need (PPRN), CoC Planning, and UFA Costs
- HUD will provide, after the all GIWs have been reviewed and approved, a preliminary ARD Report that will be posted to the HUD Exchange that lists each CoC’s PPRN Amount and final ARD Amount.
- CoC planning costs will not be included in the FY 2016 CoC Program Registration process. Information regarding CoC planning costs will be provided in the FY 2016 CoC Program Competition NOFA.
- UFA Costs will not be included in the FY 2016 CoC Program Registration process. Information regarding UFA Costs will also be provided in the FY 2016 CoC Program Competition NOFA.
- May 11, 2016 – Registration Submission Deadline
- May 13, 2016 – HUD notify, via the HUD Exchange and listserv message whether any CoC Registration requested High Performing Community (HPC) designation. If an CoCs request HPC designation HUD will:
- Post the all parts of the CoCs registration forms for public comment, and
- Provide the due dates for public comment and CoC response.
The following resources are posted to the HUD Exchange and available now:
The following resources will be posted to the HUD Exchange by Wednesday, April 27, 2016:
- FY 2016 CoC Program Registration Detailed Instructions
- FY 2016 CoC Program Registration Instructional Guide: CoC Registration and CoC Review
- FY 2016 CoC Merger Financial Worksheet
- Adding and Deleting Users in e-snaps – Explains how the CoC registrant/primary contact can authorize other individuals to view the CoC Application and delete registered users who should no longer have access to the CoC Application.
If you have questions pertaining to e-snaps technical issues or the FY 2016 CoC Program Registration process, please submit your questions to the e-snaps Ask A Question (AAQ) portal. To submit a question to the e-snaps AAQ portal, select “e-snaps” from the “My question is related to” drop down list on Step 2 of the question submission process.
If you have questions related to the CoC Program Interim Rule or a policy related question, please submit your questions to the CoC Program Ask A Question (AAQ) portal. To submit a question to the CoC Program AAQ portal, select “CoC Program” from the “My question is related to” drop down list on Step 2 of the question submission process.