Pennsylvania has made readily available a free electronic housing locator service at www.PAhousingsearch.com that matches those who need housing with the housing they need. This resource provides the following features:
- FREE searching and listing of rental housing and program-related homes for sale
- Detailed listings that can include pictures, maps, eligibility requirements (if applicable), and information about nearby amenities such as hospitals and schools
- Simple and detailed search options that are easy to use
- Helpful tools, including an affordability calculator, rental checklist, and information about renters’ rights and responsibilities
- 24/7 access online and support from a toll-free, bilingual call center, available at 1-877-428-8844, Mon – Fri, 9:00 am – 8:00 pm EST.
- Housing information that is updated daily to keep it relevant
- A resource for families displaced during times of disaster
This is an excellent resource to use as we continue to find homes for the homeless in Pennsylvania. In our 2018 ESG application, DCED made housing locator services a targeted activity with the desired outcome that services should include: assessment, arranging, coordinating, housing stability pan development; with an emphasis on acting as a liaison to secure and maintain housing; employment; a connection to mainstream resources and services; coordination with other providers; monitoring of progress; and advocating on behalf of the client.
Click here to view the brochure that was developed to promote this service. This service is presented by these funding partners; PHFA, PA Department of Human Services, PA Department of Community and Economic Development, PA Emergency Management Agency, PAHMA, and PennDel AHMA.