Due to its expansive size, the CoC has maintained its regional structure with some functions of the CoC carried out by two Regional Homeless Advisory Boards (RHAB), one representing the Northwest and one Representing the Southwest. Each RHAB maintains its own unique structure and operations but do share common responsibilities. The counties in the Southwestern RHAB are Armstrong, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Washington, and Westmoreland.
The duties of the RHABs include:
- Functioning as an intermediary with the Local Housing Options Teams (LHOTs) and local housing coalitions to bring local issues to the forefront of the full Continuum;
- Conducting a minimum of four meetings per year, with additional meetings if needed;
- Distributing the CoCs public invitation for members;
- Providing input on the design and implementation of a plan to address homelessness (CoC Plan);
- Providing input for the prioritization of the region’s needs, including recommendations to the CoC Board for CoC funding and to state and local government ESG recipients for allocation ESG funds;
- Identifying additional resources available for homeless households, as well as gaps in supports ans services; and
- Providing, or arranging for the provision of, outreach and technical assistance for service providers on an as needed basis.
The RHAB is led by two co-chairs who are responsible for leading meetings of the RHAB. The co-chairs for the Southwestern RHAB are Amanda Feltenberger with Butler County Department of Human Services and Tammy Knouse with Fayette County Community Action Agency.
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat