Are you a community partner interested in helping to prevent and end youth homelessness in Western PA? Then come share your expertise with One by One Youth Committee and Advocates4Change Youth Action Board and the National Network for Youth in an exciting effort to map out systems that serve youth experiencing homelessness in our region.
Your expertise is vital to helping us better understand our region’s strengths and challenges and identify solutions to more effectively serve youth experiencing homelessness in our community.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
This System Mapping Project aims to bring together stakeholders and community partners involved in systems that work with youth (those up to 25 years old) experiencing homelessness or housing instability. Through interactive exercises, attendees will provide knowledge, input and context to help One by One identify opportunities to improve our system’s ability to better serve youth. We’ll explore:
- How youth navigate the current homeless services system
- Where service connections exist with other systems & the strength of those connections
- Where service gaps exist that could be filled & how.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
We welcome all community partners who work with vulnerable youth, including:
- CoC agencies and other housing and homeless services providers
- County Child and Youth Services offices
- Youth services providers
- Providers of mental/behavioral health services and/or Drug & Alcohol programs
- Those who work in the education system
- Those working in juvenile justice or criminal justice systems
- Youth employment and workforce development providers
- Those working with victims of human trafficking &/or domestic violence
- Any stakeholder or community partner who engages with youth experiencing homelessness and housing instability.
WHERE & WHEN:
We’ll be holding four (4) system mapping sessions throughout the One by One 20-county region:
- February 26th, 9:00am-11:30am in Crawford County: CHAPS, 944 Liberty Street Meadville, PA
- February 26th, 2:00pm-4:30pm in McKean County: Beacon Light, 800 East Main Street, Bradford, PA
- February 27th, 9:00am-11:30am in Clarion County: Clarion Psychiatric Center, 2 Hospital Dr, Clarion, PA
- February 27th, 2:00pm-4:30pm in Westmoreland County: Westmoreland Casemanagement and Supports Inc., 770 E Pittsburgh St, Greensburg, PA
*Attendance is limited to 25-30 people per event. To reserve your spot at one of these events, please be sure to fill out this simple registration form to let us know you plan to attend: http://sgiz.mobi/s3/One-by-One-Western-PA-CoC-Youth-Homelessness-System-Mapping-Event-Registration