Due to its expansive size, the CoC has maintained its regional structure with some functions of the CoC carried out by two Regional Homeless Advisory Boards (RHAB), one representing the Northwest and one Representing the Southwest. Each RHAB maintains its own unique structure and operations but do share common responsibilities. The counties included in the Southwest and Northwest RHABs are; Armstrong, Butler, Cameron, Clarion, Clearfield, Crawford, Elk, Fayette, Forest, Greene, Indiana, Jefferson, Lawrence, McKean, Mercer, Potter, Venango, Warren, Washington, and Westmoreland.
The duties of the RHABs include:
- Functioning as an intermediary with the Local Housing Options Teams (LHOTs) and local housing coalitions to bring local issues to the forefront of the full Continuum;
- Conducting a minimum of four meetings per year, with additional meetings if needed;
- Distributing the CoCs public invitation for members;
- Providing input on the design and implementation of a plan to address homelessness (CoC Plan);
- Providing input for the prioritization of the region’s needs, including recommendations to the CoC Board for CoC funding and to state and local government ESG recipients for allocation ESG funds;
- Identifying additional resources available for homeless households, as well as gaps in supports ans services; and
- Providing, or arranging for the provision of, outreach and technical assistance for service providers on an as needed basis.
In addition, each RHAB will have a Program Evaluation Sub-Committee, which is a sub-committee of the Strategic Planning Committee. This subcommittee will work along with the Strategic Planning Committee to ensure satisfactory performance and outcomes among CoC-funded projects, including the review and ranking of CoC funded projects. The Program Evaluation Sub-Committee will identify and distribute information on best practices, as well as provide opportunities for technical assistance and mentoring to grantees, as needed.
The above responsibilities may be carried out through the RHAB or subcommittees of the RHAB.