About Western PA CoC
The Pennsylvania Western Region Continuum of Care’s (Western PA CoC) mission is to end homelessness through a coordinated community-based process of identifying needs and building an open and integrated system of housing and services that addresses those needs.Per HUD Regulation 24 CFR Part 578, and to fulfill the stated mission, the purpose of the CoC is to:
- Promote a community-wide commitment to the goal of ending homelessness;
- Promote access to funding for efforts for rapid re-housing for individuals and families experiencing homelessness;
- Promote access to and effective use of mainstream programs;
- Optimize self-sufficiency among individuals and families experiencing homelessness.
Regional Homeless Advisory Boards
In 2015, the Central-Harrisburg and Northeast CoCs joined to form the Eastern Pennsylvania Continuum of Care. The Northwest and Southwest CoCs joined to form the Western Pennsylvania Continuum of Care.
The Western PA CoC is comprised of 20 counties organized geographically into two Regional Homelessness Advisory Boards (RHABs):
- Northwest RHAB – Crawford, Warren, McKean, Potter, Mercer, Venango, Forest, Elk, Cameron, Lawrence, Clarion, Jefferson, and Clearfield counties
- Southwest RHAB – Butler, Armstrong, Indiana, Washington, Westmoreland, Greene and Fayette counties
Each RHAB is responsible for operationalizing the policies adopted by the CoC by working with their community to address and end homelessness locally.