Department of Community and Economic Development
The HUD Exchange provides numerous resources and lists of local agencies that are able to provide a range of services, including food, housing, health, and safety.
Homeless Assistance Program Contact
The Department of Human Services Homeless Assistance Program helps to assure that homelessness can be avoided, people who are homeless can find refuge and care and homeless and near homeless clients are assisted in moving toward self-sufficiency. To help individuals who are looking for assistance, DHS maintains a list of program contacts across the state.
Local Housing Options Teams
Supporting Pennsylvanians Through Housing is a strategy created in partnership with the Pennsylvania Housing and Finance Agency, the Department of Community and Economic Development, the Department of Human Services, as well as other local, state, and federal agencies.
2-1-1 is a free 24/7 service that provides information and resources related to health, housing, and human services. Available in the Eastern CoC only. For more information, visit the PA 211 website.
Resources to Find Affordable Housing
www.pahousingsearch.com is a free, online rental and home-ownership service that links people who need housing with the housing they need.
This web resource provides:
- FREE searching and listing of housing by rent, size, location, proximity to your work, and more
- Detailed listings that can include pictures, maps, eligibility requirements (if applicable), and information about nearby amenities such as hospitals and schools
- Simple and detailed search options that are easy to use
- Helpful tools, including an affordability calculator, rental checklist, and information about renters’ rights and responsibilities
- 24/7 access online and support from a toll-free, bilingual call center, available at 1-877-428-8844, Mon – Fri, 9:00 am – 8:00 pm EDT.
- Housing information that is updated daily
- Listings of market-rate rentals, subsidized housing and special-needs housing
Resources for Reentry of Sex Offenders
As part of a comprehensive initiative, the Council of State Governments Justice Center’s National Reentry Resource Center (NRRC) is leading a number of projects centered on changing the conversation about the reentry of individuals convicted of sexual offenses. The goal of the NRRC’s work in this area is to determine how evidence-based programming can help improve outcomes and better integrate individuals with sexual offense convictions into broader reentry strategies.
To access numerous resources including several webinars use the link: http://csgjusticecenter.org/nrrc/publications/the-reentry-of-adults-convicted-of-sexual-offenses-a-national-survey-of-reentry-professionals/
Continuum of Cares in Pennsylvania
There are 18 continuum of cares throughout the State of Pennsylvania that receive funding to provide permanent housing, transitional housing, supportive services, and in some case, homelessness prevention. View HUD’s list of Continuum of Cares in Pennsylvania