|Dear Eastern PA Continuum of Care grantees, members and stakeholders
The below is an important notice regarding HUD’s Special NOFO to Address Unsheltered and Rural Homelessness (Special NOFO Rural Set Aside).
On June 22, 2022 HUD published the Continuum of Care Supplemental to Address Unsheltered and Rural Homelessness (also known as the Special NOFO). This NOFO requires CoC’s to conduct a local competition to select new projects for this opportunity. The CoC published an RFP on August 11, 2022 to solicit new projects for the Special NOFO Rural Set Aside. This email summarizes the list of projects that have been accepted by the CoC and will be included in the Eastern PA CoC 2022 Project Priority List for funding under the Special NOFO Rural Set Aside.
The CoC received 8 new project applications totaling $7,365,184.15 in funding requests. The CoC had a total of $6,110,025 in funding to award under the Special NOFO Rural Set Aside. All applications were reviewed by the CoC's Funding Committee.
The following new projects have been accepted for inclusion on the New Project Priority List for the Special NOFO Rural Set Aside and will be ranked on the CoC’s New Project Priority List. Note that the budgets below represent 3-year budgets, as HUD will award selected projects with an initial 3-year grant term.
- Center for Community Action, New Permanent Supportive Housing Project, Budget: $3,109,054.75, Score: 84
- Transitions of PA, New Permanent Supportive Housing Project, Budget: $227,703, Score: 80
- Central Susquehanna Opportunities, New Rapid Rehousing Project, Budget: $1,003,533, Score: 74
- Clinton County Housing Coalition, New Permanent Supportive Housing Project, Budget: $814,935, Score: 72
- Union-Snyder Community Action Agency, New Rapid Rehousing Project, Budget: $534,593.40, Score, Score: 56
- United Way of Pennsylvania, New SSO-CE Coordinated Entry Project, Budget: $420,205 (Note: reduced from original request due to funds available), Score: 53
The following organizations submitted preliminary applications to the CoC, but were not selected for funding:
- Mifflin County, New SSO Project (Supportive Services Only), Budget Request: $233,334, Score: 49; Reason for Decision: Limited funds available and project score
- Commission on Economic Opportunity/Tunkhannock Branch, New Rapid Rehousing Project, Budget Request: $369,531, Score: 28, Reason for Decision: Limited funds available and project score
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your participation in the Eastern PA CoC and your ongoing commitment and efforts to end homelessness.