The duties of the RHABs include:
- Functioning as an intermediary with the Local Housing Options Teams (LHOTs) and local housing coalitions to bring local issues to the forefront of the full Continuum;
- Conducting a minimum of four meetings per year, with additional meetings if needed;
- Distributing the CoCs public invitation for members;
- Providing input on the design and implementation of a plan to address homelessness (CoC Plan);
- Providing input for the prioritization of the region’s needs, including recommendations to the CoC Board for CoC funding and to state and local government ESG recipients for allocation ESG funds;
- Identifying additional resources available for homeless households, as well as gaps in supports ans services; and
- Providing, or arranging for the provision of, outreach and technical assistance for service providers on an as needed basis.
The RHAB is led by two co-chairs who are responsible for leading meetings of the RHAB. The co-chairs for the Northwestern RHAB are James Campbell with Crawford County Mental Health Awareness Program (CHAPS) and Linda Thompson with the McKean County Redevelopment Authority.