While all projects submitted will be reviewed, ranked, and submitted to PHFA, projects that are responsive to the CoC’s priorities will be given priority ranking. As described within the Addendum to the RFP, the Western PA CoC’s priorities include:
- Housing for criminal justice population: Fayette County Community Action Agency. created the Regional Justice Involved Rapid Re-housing program Based on the benefits seen to date, funding to support this program will remain a priority.
- Youth Action Board staff: The YAB has grown significantly and based on the impact the YAB has had on the region, the Board would like to create a part-time staff position to continue to support the development of the group. The CoC is looking for an agency to apply as a legal applicant and pass-through organization on behalf of the CoC.
- Housing diversion/prevention programs: The McKean County Redevelopment and Housing Authority created the Home Connections prevention/diversion regional program. The program has been successful, so funding to support this program will remain a priority.
- Youth Housing Initiative: Youth continue to be a priority population for the Board, as such, Home4Good priorities include funding for innovative youth housing programs to meet the needs of youth that cannot be served through CoC funding.
- Affordable Housing Development: Affordable housing development initiatives that are innovative, pilot projects which could be replicated in other areas throughout the region.
Please review the above linked information as you consider applying for Home4Good funding. Per the 2021 Home4Good RFP, project applications are due to the Western PA CoC by August 31st and should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.